Thursday, January 3, 2008

Home for (one of) the holidays

As luck would have it, one of my good friends, Ryan, was getting married in Toledo on New Year's Eve so he and Jen could start the new year off as a married couple. Aww!

And even though the Secor building in downtown Toledo wasn't quite finished yet, the decorations were amazing and they had a beautiful, traditional Jewish ceremony followed by a fun reception in which people were hoised on chairs and the guests danced around them in circles.

So though I wasn't able to celebrate Christmas with my family on Christmas, I asked my mom to keep up the decorations so I could have Christmas with my family on New Year's Day. They even held off on opening gifts on Christmas so they could do it with me. Aww again!

So after a whirlwind of running errands and catching up with a select few friends and family members, I got back to New York late last night to continue the job search.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog, Erika! Sounds like an amazing wedding. Do you have any pictures of the groom to post? Sounds like a very handsome guy.