Monday, January 14, 2008

It's what responsible people do

I quit my job in Toledo in November to move to New York City in December. Except for some freelance opportunities I've taken advantage of, I no longer have a steady source of income.

So today, I did what any responsible unemployed person would do.

I went on a shopping spree.

Well, what else do I have to do with my time?

As I mentioned before, Ali and I went shoe shopping on Sunday, but I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, which were Ugg knock-offs. So I did a bit of Internet research and found that Famous Footwear had the exact ones I was looking for - for 1/4 of the price of regular Uggs.

But before I got to Famous Footwear, I found a cute pair of brown shoes at Payless, so I bought those. Then I found the boots I was looking for along with a pair of black ultra low boots, and bought both. On the way home, I also snatched up some suede brown boots to go over jeans at another store.

Luckily, Brent wasn't even upset when he saw four shoe boxes in the living room when he got home. He was just happy that I was going to have something to wear around the city during the winter other than my tennis shoes. He did ask if it would matter if suggested that I stop spending money because I didn't have a job.

I replied by looking at the shoe boxes and looking back at him with a helpless stare. I mean come on! They're shoes! And they're SOOOO cute!

Brent just sighed - he knows when he's beaten. Shoes have that power.

'Nuff said.

No comments: