Thursday, January 17, 2008

PLEASE just give me a CHANCE!

Since I arrived in New York, I feel like I already have a full-time job... by applying for jobs.

Last count, I've applied for 116 jobs - that's ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN - and have gotten three phone calls in total since I began applying for them this past summer.

I've gone on three interviews - one in August and two at the end of September. Two of the jobs didn't pan out and I declined going on a second interview for the third job.

Since then, however, I've been applying for job after job after job..... and NOTHING!

ZIP!

ZILCH!

It's not like I'm applying for jobs that are way above my skill level. Some only required a year or two of experience, and I have five when you count what I've done both at The Blade and in college. So I'm not going for something beyond my reach, here. And I've very much lowered my salary requirements, so what's the deal, man?

I wish there were some way to prove that I'd be a fantastic employee at a magazine writing features or in publishing working with authors so they would know that I'd be a good employee, but, sigh, that's not how it works.

So apparently the next step is to find some professionals to take a look at my resume and cover letter because I'm frustrated and pretty much nearly at the end of my rope.

To all those people who have gotten my resume - JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE ALREADY!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

I'd hug you if I were there. Job hunting is THE WORST.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...soon you will be back at work and wishing you weren't like the rest of us! Aly & Matt

Anonymous said...

I'LL GIVE YOU A JOB! COME BACK TO US!