Tuesday, December 25, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

It's Christmas Day and Brent and I are continuing to celebrate by inventing our own traditions. But we both wanted to keep one - opening up gifts on Christmas morning.

So we got up around 10 a.m. and went into the living room. I flipped on some Christmas music and we let Chloe open her gifts first. She got a stocking full of treats from Brent and I, and two rolled-up rawhide bones and some stuffed squeeky toys from Maize and Duke - a beagle and a chocolate labrador belonging to Brent's sister and brother-in-law/best friend. She really liked her snowman!

Then I opened my gift from him - a necklace that I picked out to wear with my wedding dress. It compliments my engagement ring and is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!

And I love that my future mother-in-law also gave me a necklace - that she MADE. It's black, yellow, and green, and truly is one of a kind. I got all kinds of compliments the first time I wore it.

Chloe got Brent Talladega Nights (because I hate that movie), and I got him Road Trip, an iTunes gift card, Jim Cramer's new book, and some new earbuds for his iphone, among other random gifts.

Afterwards, I made my famous quiche and we ate it while watching the classic "A Christmas Story." Then we fell asleep on the couch in the most random position - my head at one end, his at the other, and our legs tangled together in the middle - half on the couch and half off.

After we woke up, we went into the bedroom to take another nap on the bed where there's more room. Then I made dinner - and by "made" I mean heated up the lasagna and asparagus that I bought the day before at Whole Foods. I chose lasagne and asparagus because they're red and green. Yep - I now have time to think these things out!

After a slice of apple pie for dessert, we just hung out, played some board games, and enjoyed our time together as a family.

The holidays are such a magical time. Too bad tomorrow is just another day!

Only 364 more days until next Christmas!

No comments: