Thursday, December 6, 2007

My life inside the snowglobe

January, 2007

I'm 24 years old living with my boyfriend, Brent, in a three-bedroom condo in Maumee, Ohio, which is just about 20 minutes away from the tiny town of Lambertville, Michigan, where I grew up. I can drive home in my 2003 Dodge Stratus whenever I want.

For the past three years, I've been working as a journalist in Toledo for a metropolitan newspaper. The Toledo area is great - I grew up here, I went to college here, nearly all my family lives here, and I've lived here since I was born.

Fast forward... December, 2007

I'm now 25 years old and I'm still living with Brent, but he's now my fiance! We got engaged during an amazing trip to Las Vegas, which you can read about on our wedding Web site: www.mywedding.com/brentanderika.

For the first time since I was 13 years old, I'm unemployed (but looking!) and am now living in a tiny one-bedroom apartment smack in the middle of Manhattan in New York.

2007 has been one hell of a ride. My life in Ohio used to be like the inside of a snowglobe - calm and familiar. But then my world got turned upside down so now there's all this strange stuff whirling around and getting me all disoriented. So I have no doubt that 2008 is going to be even crazier.

Read all about it here.

No comments: