Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Celebrity sighting #1

In New York, apparently Whole Foods is THE place to be. The closest one to our apartment is three blocks away at the Time Warner Center. After grabbing the few items I was there to get, I started toward the checkout line.

But the line was so long that an employee had to hold a sign near the center of the store that said "end of the line." But as I looked at the line of people in front of me snaking around the food displays, I thought there had better be a roller coaster at the end if I'm going to stand here for a sandwich for Brent, some apples, and waffles.


So I got in line behind a woman and the employee holding the sign did a double-take and said "hi" to her. He then touched my shoulder and whispered, "Do you know who that is?"

I looked again and said "nope."

He said he didn't know her name, but that she was in The Last King of Scotland. I didn't see the movie and she didn't look familiar at all. So when I got back to the apartment, I looked up this chick and found she was Kerry Washington, who was also in Ray (which I also haven't seen).

So even though I had to be told that it was my first celebrity sighting, it was still pretty cool. I gotta catch up with Brent - he had luch near Val Kilmer this week and has seen Hilary Swank, Howard Stern, and Justin Timberlake IN OUR APARTMENT BUILDING a few months ago. There's a recording studio on the first floor, so we're assuming that's why he was there.

I'm so going to find reasons to hang out in the lobby!

No comments: