Saturday, March 27, 2010

Do I have time for a fantastic dinner with great friends? Umm, let me think about that one... HELL YEAH!

One of my favorite things is when a good friend calls me or texts me or e-mails me or messages me on Facebook (isn't technology amazing!?) to tell me that they will soon be in town and ask if we can catch up.


Hell yeah we can!


So this week, I had the pleasure of going to dinner with friends I made while a reporter at The Blade: Ryan Smith and his wife, Jen, and their adorable 4-month-old son on Thursday, and Maureen Fulton and her mom on Friday. With the Smith family, I scarfed down pizza at the famous Lombardis, and with Mo, I enjoyed Spanish Tapas at Sangria 46. Both meals were, of course, topped off with Pinkberry. Obviously.

Gossip was shared, Sangria was sipped, and I had a fantastic time with my good friends who I've known for more than two years, unlike any of the friends I have here. Though I absolutely love my New York friends, it's just nice to spend some time with people who I've known for a long time and whom I miss so much. If only all my family and friends were here, I'd never leave.

No comments: