Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The luck of the Irish was not with me today. Damn you, leprechauns.

Because I am too sick to celebrate, I refuse to wear green today. Go ahead and pinch me.

I spent the entire day in my fuzzy gray sweatpants and over-sized blue Collegian shirt obtained from my days as the Copy Desk Chief for The University of Toledo's student newspaper (yes, the same one that says "Idependent" instead of Independent. Wasn't asked to copyedit the T-shirts before they went to the printer, unfortunately.).

But I made up for it by making sure at least someone in my family was celebrating one of the heaviest drinking days of the year, even though the only thing she drinks is water out of her dog dish. I AM Irish after all, and will take the kisses as long as you're willing to get close to me and ignore the coughing and snotting.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute dog! I'm glad you are feeling better. Mom