Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Total waste of a beautiful day

The TV tray is set up next to the couch holding up a box of tissues, a tall glass of apple juice, and dishes devoid of anything but dried Chinese food. Used tissues litter the floor alongside furry blue socks and the TV is set to "Family Feud."

It's 60-plus degrees outside and I'm stuck at home with a nasty cold with several more hours to wait before I have someone to be home with me and get me more juice and rub my pounding head. Blech. I hate being sick. There's so much to do around the house and even though I had high hopes for having some time to get some housework done today, there's no so much motivation to get anything done that can't be done from this couch (hence this blog post from the laptop resting over my blanket).

Sure, I cleaned out my e-mails' inboxes, searched for available Manhattan apartments, trolled around Facebook and LinkedIn and caught up with some reading, but when the husband gets home and asks me what I did all day, I'll have nothing to show for it. That's OK with me, though. Give me a break - I'm sick!

No comments: