Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Worst pup parents ever

As I exhaustively outlined in my previous blog entry, Brent and I had a crazy weekend when we went back to Toledo for wedding stuff.

While I love going home, I was hesitant to go home this past weekend because it meant I was not only going to leave Chloe home by herself in an empty apartment for the first time (with someone dropping by to take her out three times a day, of course) but I was also going to be gone on March 7 - Chloe's 4th birthday.

I'm totally the worst pup parent ever.

However, before I left, I instructed Carol - the woman who lives two doors down who volunteered to look after my baby girl - to give her extra special love and attention on March 7, which is probably not Chloe's actual birthday, but it is the day I adopted her from the pup pound two years ago.

Though it broke my heart to leave Chloe all alone on her birthday, I felt a little better that Brent and I are the most ridiculous pup parents ever and we actually sang happy birthday to our dog right before we left. And I felt much better when I called Carol - who owns Lucy, a border collie mix who Chloe LOVES to play with - over the weekend and she said that she and Chloe were having a blast going for long walks in the park.

As long as my baby was happy - and not looking for us out the window of the apartment like she is in the photo - that made me happy.

Besides, as I told Chloe when I got home - I'll totally make it up to her on her 5th birthday. As long as I'm not in Toledo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to Chloe!!! I don't believe I ever left you on your birthday... Mom