Monday, March 24, 2008

I know it's expensive, but this time, I don't care!

I'm getting married in 82 days.

Holy crap.

Even though I DO have 82 days - which is nearly three months - I'm stressing out about how much I still have to get done and how impossible it is to get it all done from 600 miles away.

I'm not thinking about how I have had all the big stuff - the hall, the DJ, the dress - for awhile now. Instead, I'm stressing over the nitty gritty - the decorations at the hall, the actual songs that the DJ will play, and the accessories for the dress.

Brent I are going home for ONE more long weekend - or 3.5 days - before the actual wedding and there is just no way to squeeze everything in. I already have my bachelorette party, a friend's wedding, and a bridal shower planned for that weekend around my dress fitting, spray tan and trial hair and makeup appointments, and a several hours long meeting with our minister.

How am I supposed to meet the cake and flower ladies? Excuse me, flower lady, if it's not too much trouble, do you have time to meet with me around 3 a.m.?

And if that's not stressful enough, can you imagine how crazy it's going to be when Brent and I go home the Wednesday night before our June wedding? And that will be after driving 11 hours in a rental car with a dog who gets so nervous being in the car that she produces a steady stream of saliva, which oozes out of her mouth all over us, herself, the apholstery, etc. THE ENTIRE RIDE. Luckily, this time, she'll be drooling all over us, herself, and a rental car!

So with that in mind, along with my hair and makeup appointments the day of my wedding, I also booked a manicure, pedicure, eyebrow wax, and massage the day before. The only thing that's really necessary there is the brow wax because my bushy eyebrows can sometimes get out of control. But I only plan on getting married once, so when will I ever have an excuse to get a manicure AND a pedicure at the same time? So, I threw in the massage in there because I know I'm going to need it, though I don't know how I'll be able to relax worrying about everything from whether the cake will be delivered on time to the weather.

Even though I didn't ask for the total price tag for my two days of beauty treatments on purpose (I really don't want to know!), I'll probably have to work at my part-time coffee shop job for about a month to afford it all. And even though I will probably get in trouble once my fiance reads this because we're trying to save money to be able to live in this crazy-expensive city - I don't care. I'm getting my day of beauty, dammit!

2 comments:

Erin said...

If you're like me, by the time your wedding gets here, you won't even be worried about the cake or the weather. Why? Because you delegated the worrying to OTHER people instead -- that's why you have a mother and bridesmaids. Plus, it's better for your complexion.

Ha, ha.

Anonymous said...

Hey its not 11 hours to Toledo. Its only 11 hours when your mother drives it and goes straight all the way because that is what everybody says you are suppose to do and she goes the wrong way. And what is this that Erin says that I am suppose to do all the worrying? You can forget that. I've decided I'm going to enjoy every second of 6/14 just like you should. mom