Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I WILL NOT burn myself again... I WILL NOT burn myself again...

I have no idea what got into me today, but I was in a B-A-D mood.

I attribute some of it to the fact that I honestly don't think I could have burnt myself ONE more time today. The worst was when I handed a customer his coffee, which was about a sixteenth of an inch below the rim of the cup, and he handed it back to me and asked that I fill it up to the top.

Seriously.

So I tried to put more coffee into the cup, which was nearly impossible, and it of course spilled over the rim of the cup and settled on the skin between my thumb and index finger. Since I couldn't shake it off right away - I was still holding the cup of coffee - it sat there for about a second and seared the skin so badly I had to spray burn cream all over my hand and protect it in a rubber glove for the rest of the day. But it still hurt like hell.

I then burned a finger on my other hand while getting tea for another customer and washed dishes in too-hot water several different times.

Regardless of the reason I was in such a bad mood, it's been a long time since I've cried in the bathroom at work, but I did today. Everything just came to a head, I guess. My hands were throbbing, I missed my family, I hated my job that day, etc.

But then I got home and had a bit of time to wallow in self-pity before Brent came home. As much as I tried to resist, he made me smile, like always. Then I felt better. I don't know how he does it, but he does. That's why I'm marrying him. Aww!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish you would have called me on this day. I'm always here to talk. But I'm glad Brent seems to know just what to do for you. Mom