Thursday, February 28, 2008

Now that will get me to work out!

For some people, working out is an escape.

For me - I try to escape working out.

Others love it to the point of obsession. Hello crazy muscle man who's always hanging out in front of the mirror near the free weights!

I'm obsessed with avoiding the free weights.

Working out for me is like a job, except I don't get paid for it. I would love to see results, i.e. weight loss and a more toned body, but that requires patience and perseverance. Patience is not my strong suit, nor is perseverance because I get bored too easily. Herein lies the problem.

I fell in love with yoga since moving to New York and trying it for the first time. Though it's a great workout, cardio is the key to weight loss and my looking good in my wedding dress in June.
But it's so hard to do cardio when I'm so run down from work and have such a weird work schedule. I go into work anywhere from 4:30 a.m. (yes, there IS a 4:30 A.M. and people go to work at that time, apparently) to 6 p.m. and work anywhere from four to eight hours a day four to seven days a week. Since my work schedule is all over the place, it's hard to plan a workout schedule and even harder to stick with it.

But with my fiance's prodding - he feels "off" when he doesn't work out, and apparently assumes that I should feel the same - I've been sticking to a semi-regular workout schedule. (It helps that I have a mental picture of myself in my wedding dress to motivate me!) Yay me!

Besides, it's much easier to work out if I actually enjoy it. Along with yoga, another workout that I tried for the first time recently and L-O-V-E-D was rebounding. It's a workout done almost entirely on mini trampolines, and bouncing around is a great cardio workout! But I think a big reason why I like it so much is because of the instructor. Blake could not have more energy and the music he plays is bumpin' and is as loud as it would be in a club, so it's easier to keep the energy up for a great, full-body workout.

And since today was Club H Spa Day, my energy was even higher while bounding on my mini-tramp because I knew that afterward, I would be getting a massage or facial! And it was FREE! SCORE!!!

Give me an opportunity like that every time I work out and I'll get my butt to the gym seven days a week!

Though I was jonesin' for a massage, the next person available was the facial lady, so I settled on a nice, 15-minute, yummy-smelling facial.

Then I went home and asked the fiance for a massage.

I know how to work it!

No comments: