Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I seriously should have slept in

The cable guy was supposed to be here today between 8 a.m. and noon to see why I've been having problems getting online at home.

Therefore, because I knew he was going to show up, I kissed Brent goodbye just before 8 a.m. and really couldn't go to sleep knowing that I'd have to be getting up at any minute. And I wanted to at least pull my hair in a ponytail, put on something other than my pj's, and do something about my morning breath before having to deal with a complete stranger.

He buzzed my apartment around 9:30 a.m. - give me an opportunity to pull on a sweatshirt, pick out some eye boogies, and find my glasses - and asked me to try getting online so he could diagnose the problem.

So I did. Successfully. Without his having to do a gosh darn thing.

He looked at me and told me that the problem was most likely that I needed to make sure everything was fully plugged in before attempting to sign on to the Internet.

Once again, I'm not an idiot, but apparently this cable guy thought I was because he couldn't seem to get out of here fast enough. I wish he would have at least done SOMETHING because I just KNEW that it would break later - at a more inconvenient time, like when I didn't have a cable guy here to fix it.

Sure enough, it broke. AGAIN. And I had to listen to elevator music for more than 30 minutes AGAIN while on hold to speak to a cable representative.

And now I have another appointment with (hopefully a different) cable guy on Saturday. So today was all for nothing.

I should have just slept in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have more guys in your apt. that you don't know.... than anyone I know. Get it???? Mom