Monday, February 4, 2008

I know you're excited, but I have to be to work at 5:15 a.m.

Yes, yes.

We know.

The whole WORLD knows that the New York Giants won the Superbowl a little after 10 p.m. on Sunday.

Even if I wasn't watching the game (which I was, sort of. I'm more of a Superbowl commercial girl) I would have definitely known that the Giants beat the Patriots just by living here in New York City.

Though I'm used to the incessant honks from taxis by now, everyone seemed to ignore the "one car must honk every two seconds" rule that seems to be in effect in the city and everyone started blasting their horns the second after the last second of the Superbowl ticked down.

And if that wasn't enough, the drunken patrons inside the Lincoln Bar and Grill - which we live above - streamed out of the bar the minute the game was over to scream "New York Giants, baby!" and "The Giants won the Superbowl" into their cell phones or to no one in particular.

Since Brent and I were finishing up our game of Scrabble, we just ignored them and peeked out the windows every once in awhile to see if anyone was overturning any cars. (No such luck.)

But then I started to get irritated when they were still yelling in celebration as I was attempting to fall asleep at 11 p.m. to try and get 5-and-a-half hours of sleep before I had to be to work at 5:15 a.m.

Shouldn't they be celebrating INSIDE the bar, maybe with a beer in their hands so they could watch the post game show?

Again, no such luck.

I guess that's what I should expect from renting an apartment above a bar that doesn't close until 4:30 a.m.! Sigh.

2 comments:

Jaika said...

Hi! I like your blog!

Anonymous said...

If you couldn't sleep, you should have joined 'em. What a party pooper!