Friday, February 15, 2008

Great minds think alike

When Brent and I went on our very first vacation together - a cruise around the Florida keys - the most romantic moment was when we were on the top level of the cruise ship that was sailing at night in the warm summer breeze eating chocolate-covered strawberries.

Since then, chocolate-covered strawberries have always been a romantic staple in our relationship.

So I decided to make the delicious dessert to surprise Brent when he came home from work on Valentine's Day.

I luckily got the last bunch of strawberries at the supermarket (score!) and went to work melting dark chocolate in the microwave before rolling the berries in the chocolate and placing them on a plate to harden in the fridge.

Unfortunately, I forgot to put down wax paper, so most of the chocolate ended up sticking to the plate... Sigh.
But when Brent came home, I was sure to be at the door eating one of the desserts so he could see what was in store for our Valentine's Day together. He just smiled at me, shook his head, and held out a big gold package that said "Godiva" on the side.

Great minds think alike!

Not surprisingly, inside the package were 12 chocolate-covered strawberries that made my strawberries look just sad. I posted pictures of both - you be the judge!

But I made mine mysef and they tasted just as good as the professionally done ones... almost.
Happy Valentine's Day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both strawberries were from the heart. Its just that Brent's were more expensive. Wish I was there to share in the treats. How romantic that would have been!!!Mome