Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I know who is the next American Idol

OK, so even though I am the (self-proclaimed) Miss American Idol Extraordinare, I don't really know who's going to be the next American Idol, but I can totally make a really good guess.

I am predicting that, even though we have just learned who made it into the top 24, that 20-year-old Syesha Mercado - the one who lost her voice during Hollywood week - will be the next American Idol. She is P-H-E-N-O-M-I-N-A-L and is, in my opinion, the one to beat.


American also narrowly missed another Sanjaya phenominon. Simon said he wholeheartedly wanted to put Kyle Ensley in the top 24 because he had "something different to offer." So did Sanjaya, and look what happened there. Kyle seemed like a great guy - funny and down-to-earth, though a bit dorky. However, what Simon meant by "something different" was "something to annoy people and get ratings."

While I agree that Kyle had a pretty good voice, there are other aspects that one has to consider when putting together a group of singers to throw to the dogs (aka "Americans who watch the show").

Unfortunately, in the pop culture industry, there is an image that Kyle, the politician, just doesn't fit into. I seriously can't imagine his being successful in the singing industry.

But he does seem like a sweet and stand-up guy. Here's good wishes for his future in politics!


(Photos are courtesy of Fox.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked Kyle and will miss him. But you are so wrong on who will be the next American Idol. Time will tell and I refuse to vote for anyone. Mom

Anonymous said...

I haven't been watching Idol much but I just looked to see who the top 12 was. Then I came here to see if your prediction was still on track ... and it is! Good job. Give us more Idol posts!
Maureen