Friday, October 23, 2009

Yes, I absolutely would LOVE some cheese with that wine.

My very first sip of alcohol was a dry Merlot at dinner with my now-husband on my 21st birthday. (Such a good girl in high school and college!) Since then, I often enjoy a nice glass of wine - either white, rose, or red; I love them all for different reasons - at happy hour, while I'm cooking, or when I'm out with the girls.

And I haven't been out with the girls in a long time, as I'm most often going out in mixed company where the beer pitchers appear out of nowhere or being the only girl among the beer-loving guys on my basketball team.

So it was a refreshing change to go out with three girls I met through NYU's publishing program; one from Washington who was staying with me while apartment-hunting, another who decided to get her M.S. in publishing at NYU, and a third who's a talented copy editor whom I leaned on quite a bit while revising my resume.

Though we waited nearly an hour for a table at Casellula Cheese & Wine Cafe, their cheese menu alone was totally worth it. Truly nothing pairs better with wine than ridiculously overpriced cheeses. Dani, Danielle, Cat, and I not only enjoyed sampling a few that were served warm, but very much enjoyed the aroma wafting from the cheese case directly adjacent to our table. Yum!

And of course nothing washes down cheese and wine quite like Cold Stone ice cream.

Gotta have more of these ladies' nights!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun girls night out. Mom