Saturday, October 17, 2009

Haven't found "my" place yet, but am sure enjoying the hunt!

I love New York's versatility. If a friend and I are meeting up for happy hour in virtually any area of Manhattan, we have our choice of anything from a dark hole in the wall to such a swanky joint that we could probably only justify buying a single drink - and splitting it. Thank goodness for happy hour prices!

With all the options out there, it's easy to pick a bar that you're completely comfortable with; one that's "you." I love that one of my girlfriends chose to have her birthday party at Madame X, which totally fits her sexy personality, and enjoy tipping back beers with my brewsky-loving guy pals at Valhalla, which boasts 33 beers from around the world on tap.

Though I have yet to find "my" place (although Lincoln Park, the bar I live above, fit pretty well until its renovation project has kept it closed since this summer) I am thoroughly enjoying trying out new places on my quest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Better find it before I get there so I can get an idea of how a bar can fit your personality. Then we will find mine. Mom