Monday, October 19, 2009

A beautiful meal and beautiful women. What more could a man want?

One of the huge perks of working at a food magazine is, well, the food. My job revolves around food; and not just any food, but good, gourmet food. My waistline may soon be suffering, but right now, my taste buds are saying Mmm, Mmm Good!

We're constantly getting samples of great stuff sent to our offices. (By the way, the single most common food sent to our office - barbecue sauce. Soooooo many people have their own barbecue labels. And here I am having grown up with Kraft in our refrigerator!) We also get invited to a food-related event at least a few times a week. And if there ever is a place to have scores of opportunities to taste great food, New York City ranks right up there!

Speaking of scores... that's where I just came from. Yep, THE Scores... as in the legendary gentleman's club. Before my visit, I asked Brent what to expect.

"Barbie dolls," he says.

Now you may be asking yourself what in the world does a strip club have to do with food? Well, because men also like to eat, Scores just recently re-opened Robert's Restaurant, which is located adjacent to the main stage. And we were there to scope out the menu and try the food.

I accompanied the editorial director to the restaurant, and after our water glasses were filled from a tiger-shaped pitcher, we started with an amazing appetizer of heirloom tomatoes and mozzarella cheese with Merlot, and later chatted with the head chef as we enjoyed the Moroccan lamb, New York Strip steak, everything fries, beer-battered onion rings, and saved (a little bit) of room for grandma's rice pudding. It was a beautiful meal. Oh, and did I mention that we were surrounded by beautiful women? What more could we want? Maybe to be a guy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised Brent did not accompany you to this place to protect you. Am I able to go to these freebies when I am in town? Mom