Saturday, May 10, 2008

It IS a HAPPY birthday!

The big 2-6 was awesome - just as I knew it would be. (Someone must have put a curse on me on my 16th birthday. Every other year since then - on all my odd-numbered birthdays - something has gone TERRIBLY wrong and I've ended up hurt or crying or cheated on by my boyfriend or something else that's bad. And on my birthday! Weird, but consistently true.)

Anyway, a few days before the big 2-6, I got a card and a colorful package from two of my good college friends, Dave and Erin, who I miss a lot. Inside the package was what I'm calling my wedding day kit. It was a Burt's Bees (yeah! The good stuff!) tips, toes, hands, and feet kit that included stuff like hand cream, a pumice stone, chap stick, cuticle cream, foot cream, etc. LOVE YOU GUYS!


Then, the day before my birthday, I got messages from Bladers Maureen and Ignazio wishing me a Happy (early!) Birthday on May 8.


But my phone actually went dead late on Friday, my actual birthday, because of all the phone calls and text messages! Thanks to the birthday wishes from my mom and dad, my future mother- and father-in-law, one of my best friends Sarah, my cousin Alexis, my Aunt Mary, my childhood friend Amy, former colleague Larry (who said even for an older chick, I still look hot - LOL!), and my coffee-shop colleagues Orxan and Hansen.


I loved the monkey-inspired e-card I got from my future family - Brent's sister, Steph, who's married to his best friend, Doug, and their adorable kids, Katelyn and Mackenzie - who I call Katertots and Mackeroni - and will put the Bed, Bath, and Beyond gift card they sent me to good use!


And gotta love Facebook/Myspace. There, I got birthday wishes from college pal Eric Toth, high school friends Eric Cavey, and Tony, former Blade colleagues Karamagi, Vanessa (and hubby Charlie) and Ryan, my cousin Jason, and childhood friend Kristi.


Then, because they knew I loved mail, a few days after my birthday came a package from my future in-laws that contained - YES! - foot-massaging slippers. BEST PRESENT EVER.


Also right up there was the dress my mom bought for me along with the Dog Whisperer book and first season package that came from my parents - though I don't know why I'd need the Dog Whisperer... my dog is perfect! Except when she's attacking tiny, defenseless dogs...


Anyway, here's to everyone who made my birthday special (and anyone I may have missed accidentally) - you seriously don't know how much I appreciated it. Except for hopefully now you do because I just told you how much I appreciated it.


Here's to dreading the countdown to next year's birthday when I have to celebrate the odd-numbered 2-7!

No comments: