Friday, May 9, 2008

Celebrate good times COME ON!!

Though I know my wedding is a little more than a month away, today, I don't care. My (precarious, anyway) wedding diet/exercise routine is on hold.

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! WOO-HOO!

And how cool is it that my actual birthday fell on a Friday, and therefore a day where Brent was actually home from work at a decent time (meaning around 7:30 p.m.)

Though I was rudely awakened around 10 a.m. - a ridiculous hour on one's birthday - I didn't mind because it was my mom who wanted to sing to me!

Since I had the day off from work (of course!) and I was awake anyway, I decided to eat Fruity Pebbles in bed - where I stayed until well after noon. Just because I could!

Then I got another phone call from someone else who wished me a happy birthday. Oh, yeah, and she also offered me A JOB!!!! YAY!!!!

Now before you (or I for that matter!) get too excited, the job - which is at a small custom publishing firm - is on a project basis throughout the summer. I'm going to be working directly for the CEO and founder of the company in all the different facets of the firm (meaning with the marketing department, editorial, advertising, or wherever I'm needed). But it also could lead to something more down the road. She said if I worked for her for three years, I'd be able to open my own custom publishing firm because I'll have my hands in all the departments. So hopefully more on that in the future!

Anyway, after that awesome phone call, Jake came back to the apartment, and we decided that Starbucks and pizza was in order to celebrate! (Jake is Brent's former boss' son who has a summer internship in the city, so he's stayed with us a few times while going to meetings, etc.) So even though there was a torrential rain storm outside, we braved the weather so I could have a grande, 650-calorie Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino and Jake could grab a caramel drink. Y-U-M!

Then, even though the wind ruined the one umbrella we had, we trekked on to a nearby pizza parlor and ordered a large sausage and pepperoni pizza. Then, laughing, we ran back to my apartment in the rain, changed out of our drenched clothes into sweats, opened up the soaked pizza box, and demolished the pizza while laughing at the hilarious movie "Knocked Up" with Seth Rogan and Katherine Heigl.

Afterward, we went to see the dorms where Jake will be staying during the summer, changed out of soaked clothes once again, and I took a nap while wearing my new massaging slippers while he watched the ridiculously stupid movie "Nacho Libre" with Jack Black.

And even though we weren't really hungry (that pizza was HUGE!) we decided to have Mexican food delivered so we wouldn't have to go out in the rain again. Since you can't have Mexican food without Coronas, I went out to grab some for us to enjoy.

About 30 minutes after we were finished with dinner, Brent came home and suggested we go out to a bar to celebrate my birthday and new job. So I got all dolled up to go to his favorite bar, (how did that happen?) Valhalla, and tried eight different beers (between the three of us) from around the world while watching sports on TV. My favorites come from Belgium, which tend to be sweeter beers.

But since I drank my two beers, a Whiskey Sour, and a shot within about an hour, I was feeling pretty good by the time we wandered down to another bar so I could get some chicken fingers. And more beer - hey, it was a celebration!

The chicken fingers were good, but by that time I was feeling sick-drunk, so I told the boys I wanted to head home - even though it wasn't even 11 p.m. yet. (I need to know to PACE myself, apparently!) So after four blocks of walking (gotta love New York!) and a quick shower, I watched the ceiling spin around for awhile while thinking about how much fun the day was.

Tomorrow, I'll think about the 64,370 calories that I must have consumed. While at the gym for 23.5 out of the 24 hours.

No comments: