Saturday, December 19, 2009

Small check, but nice amount for charity, so I guess I'll take it

As if winning the basketball league championship weren't cool enough, tonight my team attended the end-of-the-season party to accept a check for our chosen charity. And with a name like Hoop Doggy Dogs, of course our charity has to benefit dogs. So we were thrilled to be able to accept a check for Mighty Mutts, a no-kill organization that helps the stray dogs of New York City, as winners of the Penny Division of Zogsports.

Though I was hoping for one of those over-sized checks you see people accept with two hands and maybe a grip and grin photo, no such luck.

Nevertheless, we are going to take the check that unfortunately fit inside an envelope and present it proudly to Mighty Mutts.

And of course we had no choice but to celebrate at the Gael Pub until almost 3 a.m. If we don't win best drinking team next season, I'd like to hang out with the team that does!

No comments: