Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Was that a pickup line or were you just happy to see my dog?

"Oh my God; that's an amazing dog!" shouts a relatively normal-looking, 20-something guy as Chloe and I were walking toward him on our evening stroll.

"What kind of dog is it?" he asked, lightly touching my arm before bending down to pet Chloe.

"A Shepherd/Rottie mix," I replied, watching him pet her before he straightened up and I started to walk past him.

"You're hot," he said, watching me walk away.

"Um, thank you," I replied over my shoulder as I saw him turn and continue down the sidewalk in the opposite direction out of the corner of my eye.

"Was that supposed to be a pick-up line?" I ask Chloe as she shook her tail at me. "Maybe he was looking for the shock value 'cause that came out of nowhere. Weird."

No comments: