Sunday, December 13, 2009

Rested for the first time in awhile

It's Saturday morning... and I'm home.

It's 9:45 a.m. and I just rolled out of bed after waking up on my own. And I don't have to go to work today or tomorrow.

This may sound like a typical weekend for many people, but for the past two years, it hasn't been for me. Since January, 2008, I've had to try to go to bed early every Friday night in order to wake up at 4:35 a.m. every Saturday morning. By the time I got off work at noon or later, I'd crash in bed until around 4 or 5 p.m., then wake up even more tired than when I went to sleep. This, unfortunately, made for some cranky Saturday evenings.

But now I feel rested, happy, and looking forward to an entire day that I can fill with whatever I want.

Now if only I knew what that should be! Nevertheless... goodbye coffee shop job forever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea. I'm so glad you do not have those weird hours. Mom