Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What's going on? Are we in school?

I know it's what I signed up for, but man, I don't know how I'm going to get through all six weeks of school!

It's only the third day of my first week at the New York University Summer Publishing Institute, and I'm already exhausted and feel like I've been going to school FOREVER!

Sitting in the same chair in the same room for no less than eight hours a day listening to speakers and watching PowerPoint presentation after PowerPoint presentation doesn't exactly scream "stimulating!"

Now don't get me wrong: Publishing is 100 percent what I want to get into, and many of the subjects are interesting, but of course there are also the ones that are necessary, but dry, dry, dry! (Cough, advertising, cough. I don't want learn how to figure out how much advertising you need to keep a magazine afloat. Just let me write a magazine article, already!)

I'm thrilled I've been accepted but not sure how much my brain can take at one time!

1 comment:

Mom said...

You graduated so that means you could handle all six weeks. Can any of your job prospects see any of these blogs? If so that would not be good. Mom