Sunday, June 14, 2009

One year married to the man I love

It's crazy for me to look at the wedding photos hanging on the wall in our living room and think that it happened an entire year ago.

But today is Brent and I's one-year wedding anniversary.

We have nothing to do today except enjoy each other's company at home in shorts and T-shirts because we celebrated our anniversary yesterday. I made reservations at Aquavit, a romantic restaurant that served Scandinavian food. I enjoyed meatballs with this amazing, sweet cranberry sauce while Brent chose the chef's special of nine different mini portions of their fish and meat dishes. We both also enjoyed wine and after-dinner cappuccinos to cap off the wonderful, quiet evening together.


On today, our actual anniversary, I only had two requests. The first was a tradition - eat the top of the wedding cake, which our wedding cake lady kindly re-made for us so we wouldn't have to eat year-old cake. Brent readily agreed to this one, mostly because our wedding cake was truly delicious!


The second request was that we watch our wedding video, which is something I would like to do every year because who really takes time to sit and watch their wedding video? Brent was not so enthusiastic about this request, but humored me until our relatively old DVD player started acting up and not playing the video correctly. Then he was done, but it wasn't until we watched the ceremony highlights and the toasts from our reception!


Nonetheless, it was an amazing evening to celebrate and remember one of the happiest days in my life: The day I married the man I'm head over heels in love with.


Happy Anniversary baby.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I can't believe a year has passed either. Time really does fly the older you get. I know you both had a fun time. Love to you both. Mom