Monday, November 24, 2008

It was supposed to be a hat, I swear!

As I mentioned before, a friend and I enrolled in a knitting class because both of us have always wanted to know how to do it. I took a single class about a year ago with my mom, but it wasn't enough instruction for me, so I decided to give it another try for a longer period of time.

I knew at the beginning of the class that we'd be taught how to make a scarf and a hat. What I didn't know was that I'd be taught by a very flamboyantly homosexual male knitting instructor, which was a pleasantly fun surprise! He has 20 years of knitting experience - he picked it up to have something to do while on the road when he was a dancer - so he has been quick to say "STOP" when I do something wrong.

We started with the scarf, which he taught us how to do, but the majority of the work was supposed to be done at home. This week, we finished up the hat.

I ended up with a multi-colored, knitted condom.

When I finished it in class, my instructor was the one who pointed out that fact to me. Not that he really had to.

Not that it would fit anyone's head, but the instructor told me to do a smaller version of the hat we were supposed to make because I knew I wouldn't be able to finish the entire human head hat in just a week.

So while I was admiring my first knitted something, I announced to the class that it would be a nice Christmas gift for my husband. I'm sure he'll love it!

No comments: