Tuesday, November 25, 2008

But I've only been married for FIVE MONTHS!!!

Without even knowing it or consciously planning on it, I've become a stereotypical housewife.

Since September, I've been enrolled in a three-hour watercolor art class on Tuesday nights. There's very little actual instruction, several demonstrations, and then some one-on-one time with the instructor as us students work on our own projects. The photo I've included is of the very first painting I've ever done. I painted from a photo I took of a little island near the shores of Lake Tahoe. Not too bad for a first try!
For two hours on every Monday night in November, I head to a knitting class, where we'll be taught how to make a scarf and hat.


Once a month on a Monday or Wednesday night, I'll head to the monthly meeting of the Upper East Side Book Club, the members of whom were kind enough to welcome me even though I live on the west side of Manhattan.


Other Wednesday nights are spent at the Abs, Back, and Butt class at the gym with Janine, my gym buddy, and Thursday nights we go to the gym's rebounding class.


Occasionally, I'll volunteer at the United States Humane Society and will soon be starting to play basketball in the winter league I joined last week.

Apparently, this is what happens when you have very few friends, no kids, a husband who works ridiculous hours, and only a part-time job with lots of free time on your hands!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Erika, that painting looks really, really good. I hope you don't sell it before I get to see it in person. Mom