Monday, June 28, 2010

Can't... Take... Another... Bite...

A dark chocolate square...smear of barbecue sauce on a piece of chicken...paper cup of coffee...pretzel dipped in mustard...energy drink...black licorice (and raspberry, green apple, and strawberry. They were SOOOO good)...Gouda on a toothpick...gluten-free cheesecake...cookies and cream popcorn...salsa atop a corn chip...curry noodles...veggie chips...chocolate-dipped shortbread...maple-smoked bacon.

It's about 30 minutes into my first day at the Fancy Food Show at the Javitz Center and I cannot believe not only how much I've eaten already, but how much more I'm responsible for testing. As far as my first day goes, one side of one row down and 21 more to go. Uggggghhhhh. Even though it's only a bite at a time, I can feel the stomachache already.


Eating and drinking anything and everything you want for seven consecutive hours - for three consecutive days - sounds so much better than it actually is. Oh well. At least I can take a break to shake Rick Bayless's hand... even though it leads to taking yet another bite, but it's cool that it's a chicken soft taco that he made himself. Awesome.

1 comment:

xxxxxxx said...

Send a box back to your old newsroom..