Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Always willing to help out a friend in need

I had just come back from a run earlier this evening (yes, that's right: A RUN. Even though it only lasted about 10 minutes, I still DID run most of the time) with the dog when my phone beeped.

At the time, it was barely 7 p.m. and I was sprawled out on the living room floor focusing on the important task of deciding what to do first - take off my sweaty clothes and hop into the shower or warm up my leftover chicken marsala.

But I have a soft spot for my friends, especially when they need me for something, so I answered my friend Deirdra's text of "You home?" with "Just got back what's up?"

Her response: "I'm at lincoln park with a friend wtih a pitcher we can't finish:("

My response as to whether I'd be willing to hang out with my friend whom I haven't seen in way too long to help her finish off some beer at the bar that I live above?

"I'm on it."

Ninety seconds later - even though I looked gross and was still a little sweaty from my run - I was hugging my friend as her friend poured me a glass of beer and pushed a half-eaten plate of nachos my way.

Way better than a shower followed by leftovers.

No comments: