Monday, May 25, 2009

What more could a dog want?

Even though I definitely feel like New York is now my home, that still doesn't negate the fact that the Toledo area will always be my home.

And even though Brent and I stopped by for just a short visit this past weekend, I have to look forward to the fact that in two months, we'll be back for what will be a much-needed and well-deserved vacation.
We went to Ohio for the quick trip to drop off our baby - our pup. Even though I actually shed a tear or two at the airport thinking about how much I was going to miss Chloe Belle, because of what will undoubtedly be a crazy schedule for the next few weeks with my going to school and Brent continuing to work, we didn't think we'd have enough time to spend with her. We wanted her to be around people (my dad's auto plant closed for a few weeks and my mom often works from home) and not stuck in an apartment for hours all day.
So she's going to spend days running after squirrels in my parents' backyard, having an opportunity to be petted by more people, and eating all the bones she can handle after my parents' cookouts. Sounds like a great life for a dog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and it was a great life for Chloe. We are going to miss her. Mom