Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas - Rockettes style!

"I have just two complaints," Brent announced after seeing the amazing Rockettes Christmas Spectacular. "There was too much singing and too much dancing."

After that comment, I didn't even bother asking him what he expected. What I expected was greatness, and that's what I got.

Brent's parents flew in for a relatively short weekend visit, and we started it off with a bang - dinner at Carnegie Deli (home of the sandwiches that are an entire foot tall - no exaggeration.) followed by seats in the SEVENTH ROW at Rockefeller Center to see the Rockettes.

Though after it ended, I wished I had shared the experience with one of my nieces or young cousins, it still was an amazing show.

And since Brent's parents were the fourth set of people who came to visit us in December alone, it was a relief that the weekend was relatively relaxing. We spent days watching football, evenings playing games, and tried a bunch of new restaurants in close proximity to our apartment, among them being Lasagna Restaurant - a place where they took a good 45 minutes to an hour to custom-make lasagna for each individual customer.

I think I was probably the saddest to see them go because in the year I've been here, I've always had something or someone solid to look forward to. "Only one more month until I head back to Toledo," I'd think, or "only three more weeks until my mom comes to visit."

But this is the first time where, not surprisingly, no one is on deck to come and visit and we don't have plans to go back to Ohio anytime soon. The holidays are over and all I have is winter, winter, and more winter to not look forward to. I can tell the next few weeks are going to be tough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Call me every day. I'd love that. Mom