Monday, June 2, 2008

At least it wasn't a rat... I think

I'm telling myself it was a tiny field mouse (though there are no "fields," per say in Manhattan) because I will not admit that it was a rat. Not in MY apartment building.

And I'm telling myself that there was only ONE mouse - not three. It was the SAME mouse that I saw today on the floor of my apartment building, then in the lobby, then near the door of the apartment building. Yep, he must have taken the elevator down to the lobby sometime between 2 p.m. when I saw him on my floor and 10 p.m. when I saw him in the lobby.

Nevertheless, to cover all of my bases, I informed our doorman/security guard that there were MICE in the apartment building. He told me that the exterminator would be there the next day. And two weeks after that. Apparently, they come every other Tuesday. And I'm STILL seeing the vermin in the hallways.

The silver lining here (and yes there is one) is that it was a mouse. And not a cockroach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you have Chloe to protect you from the critters. Mom