Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What gives a girl power and punch?

"What gives a girl power and punch?
Is it charm, is it poise?
No, it's hairspray!"

Since I've been living in New York, I have only seen three Broadway shows (Rent and Mamma Mia being the other two) but I can't imagine another show holding a candle to HAIRSPRAY! I have only one word for that show...


WOW-WEE!!!!!

Mom M came in this weekend for Brent's surgery (see my April 14 posting) but before we had to spend an afternoon/evening at the hospital and take care of our patient on Friday, she got us tickets to the show.(Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!)

And even though we were in the very last row on the main floor, that didn't matter in the least. The singing was just phenomenal and the dancing was out of this world!! George Wendt, best known for his role on the TV show Cheers, gave a fantastic performance as Edna Turnblad.

It was a toe-tapping, fantastic show that was over all too early.

The only annoyance were the two teenagers who didn't have seats, and therefore were standing behind us, who were whisper/singing the songs until Mom M and I both turned around to glare at them! That did the trick!


Before the show, we walked a few blocks toward the theatre until we came across a little Italian restaurant, Patsy's, and had a nice dinner together. The food was good, but it wasn't anything spectacular. The conversation was much better!

And after the show, we headed over to one of my favoritest New York spots, Pinkberry, for some ice cream and headed home to watch one of my favoritest shows - American Idol - of course!


So all in all, I kept telling her that it was one of my favorite days in New York doing some of my favorite things with my favorite soon-to-be mother-in-law!

No comments: