Friday, February 13, 2009

It was a small bone, but a bone nonetheless

Apparently, the Gods of fate looked down on me after my last post and took pity. Just a short time after writing that post, I got an e-mail from a medical publishing company who wanted to interview me over the phone.

Even though I ended up not getting the editorial assistant position, just knowing that there was that possibility was enough to renew my energy and my spirits about this whole job hunt thing. I mean, I sent out my resume and cover letter, and this time it was enough that someone wanted to talk with me further. And no, it wasn't the perfect job for me, and I wasn't the perfect candidate for it (they preferred someone with an extensive science background) but it would have been a stepping stone and experience for something else.

And this interview was just before I got a call from the founder and CEO of the custom publishing company that I did a bunch of freelance projects for in the middle months of 2008. She was calling me for tax purposes, but then asked how I was, and where I was in my job search/career and mentioned that even though they are struggling with a lack of advertising right now, she still had me in the back of my mind for when times are better. And even though I have no expectations from that whatsoever, it's nice to know that other people recognize that I have skills and talents.

So apparently, the economy is the enemy. As I said in that last post, screw this economy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You just don't know like I know that the job you are looking for is coming, just not on your terms but God's terms. Relax. Mom