Thursday, May 20, 2010

Good hair day, and a feel-good attitude

Wow, I can't believe I just rolled out of bed and my bangs look that way, I thought to myself as I was admiring the way my sideswept bangs actually looked, well, like sideswept bangs. Normally, they don't naturally and slightly curl just over my right eye like I want them too, but instead hang awkwardly in straight, piece-y, wet noodle-like chunks on either side of or in my eye. Or, most likely, I get so sick of them poking me in the eye that I pin them back and out of the way completely.

Now how to keep them this way? I thought while reaching for the hair gel and the hairspray. This look needs double the holding power!

Even though I lost some of the natural body that my bangs somehow got while I was in REM-mode dreaming about being a nanny for three kids that to my knowledge I have never met (weird), after I messed with them for a bit, they still looked more decent than I've seen them in months. And more importantly? They were behaving!

Add my good hair day to the fact that I had to dress up for a professional work event, and there was a discernable bounce in my step as I walked to work this morning. It's a little silly, but sometimes it's true that when you look good, you feel good!

Apparently my "new" look was noticeable because Martin, the doorman at my work, widened his eyes a bit as I breezed through the door enough for me to take off my sunglasses and ask him, "What's that look for?"

"You look different," he replied.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. You look like a movie star!"

Yes! Bangin'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are smashing in my eyes. Love, Mom

Unknown said...

You are smashing in my eyes. Love, Mom